Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gotta Have It: Burgundy

I have seen so many posts in my blog feed about burgundy! This color has become such a haute trend this season, it's crazy! There are so many ways to wear burgundy, so it's really easy to add this classy color to your style.

Look 1: A Dark Pout
Sport a burgundy lip and leave the rest of your face fairly natural. Top it with a gloss in a similar color if you're feeling daring.

Try Yves Saint Laurent in 31 Rose Fusain.
*Extra credit: Add a graphic black winged liner to your eyes. My favorite is Stila.

Look 2: Sultry Nails
File your nails, smooth and rounded at the tops, and apply a burgundy nail polish. Then, finish it off with a generous amount of top coat to add deep shine.
Try OPI Nail Polish in Diva in Geneva with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Flawless (my favorite!)
*
Tip: I like to start with a layer of the Sally Hansen on my bare nails first, to strengthen my nails and prevent breakage, and then I add the OPI nail color, and then another layer of Sally Hansen as a top coat.


Look 3: Rock the Knits
Find a burgundy shade in the knits! Knits are always stylish in the winter and fall, so this look will never go out of style! If I'm in a rush, I'll usually throw on a knit sweater and pair of black leggings, and my brown boots. I found this awesome sweater at H&M that has a nice cable knit pattern on the front, and it's super comfy to wear! I couldn't find it online, but this cardigan is a great burgundy knit.

Look 4: A Little Spice
I always like to look my best, and I'm all for dressing up for class. I love wearing low heels around campus because they add a little height (I always want to look taller), they're pretty comfortable, and they look cute! These shoes by Anne Klein are adorable little pumps that you could wear anywhere, anyday. The heel is fairly low so it wouldn't kill your feet with the pain of a pump, and the style of them is simple so it would match so many outfits. Burgundy shoes would add a touch of class to any look.

Giving any of these looks a try? Have other ways you wear burgundy? Let me know!

16 comments:

  1. Haha i just did a post about my burgundy jeans :D
    Great post, my fave is A Dark Pout!

    http://shybutsecretlyfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgundy jeans are such a unique idea! Thanks Elena!

      ~redhaute

      Delete
  2. i totally agree burgundy is everywhere these days...and have to admit my last purchase was a burgundy wiggle dress :) really like your blog if your fancy check out my blog at www.prettyquirkyblog.co.uk :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgundy is well on it's way to become the new black! That's so cool that you found a burgundy dress! I hope you post some pictures soon, I'd love to see your outfit ideas!

      ~redhaute

      Delete
  3. Now I follow you!! You have amazing blog and good tips

    you follow me too??

    xoxo

    http://decomprasconmihermana.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How do you like the Burgundy trend?

      ~redhaute

      Delete
  4. I think a burgundy leather jacket might be the way to go...! Haven't found one though!

    Jo x amomentwithjo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A burgundy jacket would be so daring! I love that! Keep searching!

      ~redhaute

      Delete
  5. Ahh burgundy! Absolutely everything would work, lovely warm colour!

    I have nominated you for The Liebster Award! Your blog is beautiful & I had to nominate you :) http://katie-elizabeth90.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. id love a burgundy bag! :D


    followed you xoxo
    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just wanted to say that you have a very lovely blog! I nominated you for the Liebster Award so please see my post: http://chan-nie.blogspot.com/2013/01/lovely-liebsters.html ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! please check out my blog and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    PS If you decided to follow me, can you please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog!

    Check out my blog sometime? :-)
    http://clairebaretm.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice ideas!
    ellieslaurasfashion.blogspot.de
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm personally a big fan of little-rouge blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete