Sunday, January 6, 2013

Let's Raise a Toast to Wine

In love with Wine










Fresh lip treatment
beauty.com


Hello fashionistas! I am totally obsessed with deep red and wine colors! I have been wearing them since fall and the wine shade was a such a classy color to don during the holidays. It's darker than a bold red, but different from your average purple. Fresh has a line of lip balm, Sugar, and my favorite shade is Passion. Passion may surprise you because it applies as a very pigmented red shade, but it is a tinted lip balm. Tinted lip balms are a great way to try out lip colors, they're cheaper than lipsticks and they don't make a mess. A red lip is such a classic element of beauty, and I love that Fresh makes it easy to try with their tinted lip balm.

Pictured above is that essential American Eagle buttondown I mentioned in my previous post. A great way to wear this top would be unbuttoned with a neutral tank underneath, paired with black leggings, and brown boots. Wine is a color that is an accent on it's own, complementary colors would be neutrals or jewel tones. You can personalize this look by wearing a statement necklace or earrings, or a scarf!

OPI's Diva of Geneva nail polish has been my favorite color to wear this winter because it's a sophisticated dark color that's not too dark. Some of the darker burgundies and plums out there make my nails look too dark, like they got bruised from being slammed in the door... not really my favorite color to sport. I love how this color has a slightly metallic finish. It's shiny, especially with my Sally Hansen clear top coat. OPI's nail polishes can be pricey, but you're paying for a really beautiful nail polish that's smooth and fluid. You don't see streaks with OPI, as you often can with cheaper polishes.

What's your go-to shade? Comment below!



 



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous color for the winter! Dark yet not a boring or generic color! Love the corduroy american eagle shirt, it definitely is an essential! Great post (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomasilienne! What's your favorite color to wear in the winter?

      ~redhaute

      Delete
  2. I completely agree, wine red is such a trendy color for the winter.

    You have a very nice blog, i am following you. Be sure to follow me back (if you want :D )

    http://shybutsecretlyfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena,
      What's your favorite way to wear the wine shade?
      And I checked out your blog, it's great!

      ~redhaute

      Delete